Detox & Environmental Medicine
Detoxification involves the removal of toxins from the body and help strengthen the elimination pathways of the body. This is commonly ground zero for most health conditions. Without proper elimination and absorption all efforts to heal the body will be affected.
How do you know if you are Toxic?
- Do you Breath the Air?
- Do you drink the water?
- Do you eat food?
The important question is not are we toxic, but how toxic are we.
Our detox programs are specifically designed to support your body's natural biochemistry by addressing key components of phase I &II of the livers detoxification pathways. Heavy metals, pollutants, pesticides, herbicides, and other toxin substances are found in everyday existence and are frequently hard to avoid entirely. Our bodies accumulate small amounts of these toxins overtime. As a result, our detoxification pathways become overwhelmed and we can no longer eliminate and process becomes compromised.
This can result in chronic disease, lack of energy, excess weight, skin conditions like acne, food sensitivities, increased allergic reactions, congestion, bloating, constipation, aching muscles and joints, headaches, poor memory or concentration, moodiness, numbness in the extremities, poor concentration, mood swings, sore throat and cough, sensitivity to light and noise.
Detoxification programs involve the removal of toxins from the body and help strengthen the elimination pathways of the body. These programs may involve a combination of several modalities for optimal results.
Some of these treatments include:
- Specific diet protocols
- Herbs, supplements
- Intravenous therapy
What is Chelation Therapy?
Chelation therapy is a series of intravenous injections of EDTA, or DMPS along with nutrients designed to detoxify the body. It is the only medically indicated treatment for heavy metal toxicity. This includes lead , aluminum , mercury and other environmental toxins. Many people feel that chelation therapy has a host of postive benifits, relieving many symptoms some vaque and some specific.The reason is toxicity can have non specific or specific symptoms such as fatigue, lack of energy, depression forgetfulness and so forth. So many times after chelation therapy we find these symptoms are alleviated. Chelation therapy is also thought to help with atherosclerosis. Overall is can be a great general detoxification treatment with numerous advantages to your health. Great for individuals who live in heavily populated or industrialized areas / large cities with pollution.
Some of the benefits of Chelation Therapy are:
- Treats lead toxicity and is standard treatment for any of the heavy metal poisoning ailments.
- Prevents free radicals from injuring blood vessel walls, therefore reducing atherosclerosis.
- Helps prevent collection of platelets on the lining of the vessel which can otherwise lead to formation of blood clots, which is associated with atheromatous plaque formation.
- Benefits as a part of general detoxification regime.
Typical number of sessions required.
- Atherosclerosis/ CVD 20-50 treatments typically.
- Heavy Metal toxicity- 10-20 treatments then retest and may require more treatments till cleared.
- The number of general toxicity treatments are variable depending on doctors exam and testing.
Types of testing.
- Recommended testing to evaluate total Heavy Metal body burden, blood test and 24 hour urine.
- Doctors Data- urine collection for 6 hrs post treatment (provoked urine test) may be part of the process.
- Frequency of testing depends on severity of the condition and patient response.
Cost of Chelation Therapy
- Cost will vary depending on exact condition, discount packages available.